The Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective under GDPR from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your full name, job title and company name
- contact information including email address, phone numbers and terrestrial address including postcode
- information relevant to the service you wish to receive from us such as your preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
If you have done business with us in the past four years, and have not unsubscribed from our marketing services, we consider that we have a legitimate business reason under GDPR to keep contact information we have about you. This decision is based on an assessment of realistic periods of time between contact with some customers. You have the right to request us to remove your contact details from our records at any time except where we are legally obliged to retain records.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process and supply orders you place with us; to service your account by supplying invoices and statements; to answer queries you raise with us; to contact the correct member of staff within your organisation for any query, service or transaction.
- Internal record keeping including compliance with HMRC requirements.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you no longer wish to receive these please email firstname.lastname@example.org You can also update your mailing preferences on our website.
- We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will keep records of transactions for HMRC reporting requirements for the statutory seven years.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. These procedures are audited and reviewed to ensure compliance and ongoing security.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information.
If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so, other than those necessary to service your account such as courier services. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR and if requested we will respond within one month of your request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any queries, requests for deletion of data, or requests to know what data we hold about you please write to or email us as soon as possible, and we will promptly respond. You can contact email@example.com or write to Dean Rougvie, Operations Director at Bookspeed, 16 Salamander Yards, Edinburgh EH6 7DD.