Bookspeed is an imaginative, energetic and very customer-focused place to work. Everything we do is geared to our customers’ success because we can only thrive if they do.
We are a book wholesaler and toy and gift distributor. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from big multiple retailers to small owner-run businesses; from quirky gift shops to grand castles and country houses. Our mission is to make it easy for each of them to buy a range of products that is appropriate to their offer and that really contributes to the colour, style and themes of their store. But, most importantly, a range that sells!
We’ve been doing this for over 30 years and we’re good at it because we love doing it.
Bookspeed has experienced very significant growth over the last three financial years despite challenging conditions in the general retail trade. One of the key factors in this growth is our ability to accommodate our customers’ requirements through our understanding of their business needs. By approaching these needs thoughtfully and creatively, our Sales Team delivers an excellent customer experience. The Sales Team are supported by a team of Sales Support staff and this support is a critical contribution to the success of the company. Sales Support staff are responsible for ensuring that administrative, reporting, and data provision tasks are completed swiftly and accurately.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Working on the front line of our business, answering and responding to incoming calls is a large and important part of your role. It is vital that you can keep calm under pressure, reassure customers they have your full attention to the reason for their call, appreciate the problem from the customer’s perspective and find solutions to any problems.
Working with a group of named Account Managers you will:
- Input orders, credits, returns, chase missing customer deliveries, handle customer complaints
- Research information and complete supplier forms as requested by the Account Managers
- Check emails and manage the release of orders for the Account Managers that you support while they are out of the office or if you are requested to do so.
Trade show Preparations:
- Assist in the preparation of trade shows, supporting the trade show team as required.
- You will be involved in all aspects of account opening procedures and handle the processing of account opening forms. This process is a customer’s first experience of Bookspeed’s administrative processes; speed and accuracy are of great importance.
- You will have a key role in actively maintaining our customer prospects database
General administrative duties:
- Work on the front line of contact for incoming enquiries through various channels including phone, email, livechat etc.
- Handling the orders and responding to contact from our inhouse customers.
- Assisting the Sales Operations Manager with various reporting needs
- Order processing and PO requests and credits for some of our larger multi-site accounts
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, most specifically Excel, however initial training can be provided in addition to continuing training towards greater proficiency.
- Have a good phone manner and get on well with people
- Handle data according to GDPR guidelines
- Be well organised
- Be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties required by the company
Previous experience in a similar role will advantage the applicant but is not essential. An eagerness to learn new skills, embrace change and enjoy success is essential.
Terms and Conditions
Bookspeed is an equal opportunities employer. Company Rules, Health and Safety information and a Contract of Employment are issued at the start of employment. Full-time staff receive 30 days holiday per year, pro-rata for part-time staff.
This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week. We operate Monday to Friday; from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Full-time staff have two paid breaks of 15 minutes each and an unpaid break of 30 minutes at lunch-time.
£ 19,000 + DOE
How to apply:
Please apply by email to Dean Rougvie, Sales Operations Manager with your CV and cover letter, describing your suitability for the role.
Closing date for this position is the 13th of September 2018, it is expected that interviews will be held shortly after this, an immediate start is available for the successful candidate.