Bookspeed is an imaginative, energetic and very customer-focussed place to work. Everything we do is geared to our customers’ success because we can only thrive if they do.
We are a book wholesaler and toy and gift distributor. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from big multiple retailers to small owner-run businesses; from quirky gift shops to grand castles and country houses. Our mission is to make it easy for each of them to buy a range of products that is appropriate to their offer and most importantly, add sales through their till!
We are looking for a sales person to join our team as a full-time Sales Account Manager. You will be given an established customer list and lists of prospective customers. Your working day will be spent proactively managing your customers to grow their sales. Full training is given in the company’s general standards of service. The position reports to the Sales Manager and ultimately the Sales Director.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to sell the benefits of our services and our products
- Drive sales with customers
- Take and make sales calls
- Enter sales orders onto the system
- Manage your diary to ensure all customers and prospects are contacted at appropriate intervals
- Keep accurate notes including dates for follow-up calls
- Provide and maintain excellent customer service standards
- Record any customer complaints and deal with them accordingly
- Occasional participation in trade shows, which may include evening and weekend working
- Any other reasonable duties required by the company
You will need to:
- Enjoy selling to customers
- Be a good communicator and have an excellent telephone manner
- Have fast but very accurate keyboard skills
- Have the ability to use initiative and creativity in dealing with customers to help them maximise their sales
- Be well-organised and thorough, even when working under pressure
- Be able to manage time and act upon priorities
- Enjoy working within a target-driven environment.
- Be IT literate
You will be familiar with all standard Windows applications. We use Microsoft Dynamics NAV for all functions. Full training will be given.
Experience in either B2B or retail sales would be an advantage. An eagerness to learn new skills, embrace change and enjoy success is essential.
Terms and Conditions
We are an equal opportunities employer. Company Rules, Health and Safety information and a Contract of Employment are issued at the start of employment. The position is full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9-5).
The salary for this vacancy is expected to be in the region of £17,000 to £19,000, DOE, with the opportunity to increase your earnings significantly by exceeding sales targets.
How to Apply
Please send a full C.V. and letter of application, outlining your experience and suitability for this position, by email, to Dean Rougvie, Sales Manager. The closing date for applications is 15th of September 2017 and it is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week commencing 18th of September.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Bookspeed, 16 Salamander Yards, Edinburgh EH6 7DD Tel: 0131 467 8100
Contact: email@example.com or see us at www.bookspeed.com