Vacancy: Bibliographic & Marketing Support
Bookspeed is an imaginative, energetic and very customer-focused place to work. Everything we do is geared to our customers’ success because we can only thrive if they do.
We are a book wholesaler and toy and gift distributor. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from big multiple retailers to small owner-run businesses; from quirky gift shops to grand castles and country houses. Our mission is to make it easy for each of them to buy a range of products that is appropriate to their offer and that really contributes to the colour, style and themes of their store. But, most importantly, a range that sells!
We’ve been doing this for over 30 years and we’re good at it because we love doing it.
We are looking for a Bibliographic & Marketing Assistant to support the Bibliographic & Marketing Team which maintains Bookspeed’s product database. The database contains approximately 40,000 books, stationery items and a selection of games and we seasonally refresh our ranges, selecting around 5000 new products each year from information supplied by publishers. Headed by the Marketing & Bibliographic Manager, the team includes a Supplier Data Co-ordinator, a Bibliographic Data Co-ordinator, and a Bibliographic & Marketing Support, all liaising closely with the company’s IT Manager. Information added to the database is immediately available for customer and stock ordering purposes and it feeds through to the company’s transactional website so accuracy is vital. Your work will involve supporting the members of team and the candidate will be required to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time prioritising effectively.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to assisting with;
- Product Data & Bibliographic Database Maintenance
- the product sample request process; requesting and receiving products samples from publishers
- the product imagery database; sourcing and filing high quality digital images & page spreads
- the new titles and customer stock item listing processes; adding accurate product information to the database
- supporting the new titles selection team; admin follow up to new title selection meetings including printing AIs, listing books from samples, identifying and saving subject AIs for special sales themes
- database updating; making changes to title information, discounts, VAT status and product imagery
- database archiving; report running to identify and archive titles that are no longer active
- sending monthly data feeds to external partners
- Marketing Materials
- web collection updating; running reports from and uploading campaign flagging to the NAV operating system, prepping discount lists
- creation of sales sheets & other marketing materials including catalogue production
- customer e-shots & mailings
- website feature updating
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable working creatively and cooperatively within the Bibliographic & Marketing team
- Possess the ability to focus on critical and detailed data entry work
- Have high literacy and numeracy skills, with the ability to write both descriptive text and clear, accurate copy
- Ideally have experience of image editing programs such as PhotoShop and InDesign
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Be well organised
- Be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties required by the company
Previous experience in a similar role will advantage the applicant but is not essential. An eagerness to learn new skills, embrace change and enjoy success is essential.
Terms and Conditions
Bookspeed is an equal opportunities employer. Company Rules, Health and Safety information and a Contract of Employment are issued at the start of employment. Full-time staff receive 30 days holiday per year, pro-rata for part-time staff.
This position is part time, 30 hours per week. We operate Monday to Friday; from 9.00am to 5.00pm. Full-time staff have two paid breaks of 15 minutes each and an unpaid break of 30 minutes at lunch-time. Overtime is sometimes available but cannot be guaranteed and is paid at time and half for any hours worked beyond 37.5 per week.
£19,000 per annum (£15,200 pro rata)
Closing date: 28.11.18
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Shona – email@example.com