- Vacancy: Office Sales Support - £17,500 - £18,500 DOE
Vacancy: Office Sales Support - £17,500 - £18,500 DOE
Bookspeed is an imaginative, energetic and very customer-focused place to work. Everything we do is geared to our customers’ success because we can only thrive if they do.
We are a book wholesaler and toy and gift distributor. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from big multiple retailers to small owner-run businesses; from quirky gift shops to grand castles and country houses. Our mission is to make it easy for each of them to buy a range of products that is appropriate to their offer and that really contributes to the colour, style and themes of their store. But, most importantly, a range that sells! We’ve been doing this for 30 years and we’re good at it because we love doing it.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team as a full-time Sales Administrator. You will provide valuable support for our sales people to free up their time to grow our business. Full training is given in the company’s general standards of service. The position reports to the Sales Manager and ultimately the Sales Director.
The successful applicant will:
- Set up new customer accounts
- Raise and chase trade references
- Process sales orders
- Process sales credits
- Provide product information sheets as requested
- Research themed book ranges as requested
- Update product and customer files
- Compile and check price lists for trade shows
- Keep sample stock current and shelves tidy
- Send out catalogues to trade customers as requested
- Process our B2C website sales orders
- Maintain and update a record of our leads
- Any other reasonable duties required by the company
You will need to:
- Enjoy working as part of a busy team
- Have excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Have fast and very accurate keyboard skills
- Enjoy processing information
- Be well-organised and thorough, even when working under pressure
- Happy to follow instruction
- Be able to manage multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Enjoy delivering excellence
You will be familiar with all standard Windows applications. We use Microsoft Dynamics NAV for all functions. Full training will be given.
Experience in administration in a fast-paced sales driven environment would be an advantage. A cheerful disposition, an eagerness to learn new skills, embrace change and enjoy success is essential.
Terms and Conditions
Bookspeed is an equal opportunities employer. Company Rules, Health and Safety information and a Contract of Employment are issued at the start of employment.
This position entails working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday; from 9.00am to 5.00pm. There are two paid breaks of 15 minutes each and an unpaid break of 30 minutes at lunch-time.
We are a Living Wage employer. The Salary for this position is between £17,500 and £18,500 DOE. Training and assessments will be carried out, as required.
How to Apply
Please send a full C.V. and cover letter, outlining your experience and suitability for the position of Office Sales Administration Assistant, by email, to Dean Rougvie, Sales Manager. The closing date for applications is 10th of April 2017 and it is anticipated that interviews will be held on the 17th of April 2017.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.